View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #31
DrakkarTyrannis
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
In these situations it's easy to say that the Chinese are cruel but you have to take into consideration the cultural differences. Whereas I do believe the animals suffered for no reason, it's because I grew up in an environment which taught that. These people aren't "evil", but it's just in their culture. Their medicine is a part of their culture and history and even though it violates modern-world ethics, that doesn't make it right or wrong.

I often try to take myself out of the modern/western way of thinking whenever I read articles such as this. It's hard and it doesn't sit right with me to justify what they do but I have to take into consideration that these people don't have the same mindset. Doesn't make me better or whatever, just different.