View Single Post
Unread 07-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #20
Explorer
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
I dunno... the idea of the bassline always being in lockstep with the guitar just seems like a lost opportunity to make one's music interesting. However, it *does provide* an opportunity... for those who want to build something which stands out from that lockstep crowd.

Even just using a pedal point can make something so much heavier on a four-string bass than any amount of downtuning.

I guess it's all up to personal preference. I don't like traditional Irish music seisúns for the same reason; everyone playing the same thing in unison just holds no interest for me, and I'd rather go to the most basic jazz or blues jam instead.

Horses for courses, I suppose.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote