1. Carcass -Heartwork. The song that inspired me to play down-tuned guitars. Corrupted my 12 year old brain back in 1994.
2. Morbid Angel - Where The Slime Live. Those pinch harmonic bends blew my adolescent mind back in the day. Made me need a seven string.
3. Deicide - Once Upon The Cross. Perfect soundtrack for an angry 14 year old.
4. Behemoth - Alas The Lord Is Upon. Probably my favorite band of the last few years. Evangelion is a modern masterpiece.
5. Necrophagist - Seven. I love the way the intro rhythm changes in a subtle way and contrasts with the harmonics. Really every song of of Epitaph is great.