View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Wyldefan916
ss.org Regular

Wyldefan916 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemono View Post
I've been playing 6's for 20 years. I always wanted a 7 and when I was at Berklee, 7's were everywhere. Too bad I threw so much money away on that lousy school. If only they had student loans for self-guided education (college != education), I could have bought a 7 and taking private lessons...

Back to reality.

Now, I go to GC and see just one 7 - some Ibanez made in Indonesia.

Where can I find some quality 7's in San Francisco? Like RC7 or C7, or MIJ Ibanez? Lookin to spend $400 - $900 USD.

The 6's I play are all MIJ Ibanez RG. I like those, except for the tone nob and the not-so-good placement of pup switch. I like crunch tones, not over the top gain, and tend to like SD pups and Mesa Boogie amps.
Have you tried looking at Musicians Friend? Free shipping and no tax. If I was in your budget range, this would be my first choice...

Schecter Guitar Research Jeff Loomis-7 String Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

or if I would pay just an extra $100...

Schecter Guitar Research Jeff Loomis FR 7-string Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

Just search around there, and like stated before, send it back for a full refund if you don't like it.

Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez GIO
VOX VT15
Morley Bad Horsie 1
Ibanez TS9

Just a beginner trying to learn
Wyldefan916 is offline   Reply With Quote