View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #48
Mordacain
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
^^^

Cancel the subscription and move on. It is easy to use excuses like "but I have spent so much time to get there", however, in reality you have nothing to show for it. I gave up most video games in pursuit of focussing on my instruments a lot more, as for a while it was pretty scary. At the end of the day, the instruments are a tangible skill, where games are just that, games. I play a few titles every year, Mass Effect for example, but not much else.

I have 2 guitars and my Bass, I practice 5-7 days a week.
I pretty much did the same thing. I stopped playing the endless time waster like Warcrack early on but I still played JRPGs and other lengthy titles. I pretty much only make time now for FPSs, Bioware and Valve.

Regarding guitars, I've found too many to be distracting. I don't really get the collection mindset either though, so it could just be that. Personally I play all of my guitars in a sitting (barring the acoustics). I like them all to have a purpose, so they either have alternate tunings or something to that effect.

I have 2 acoustics (one setup for nashville tuning) and 2 functional electrics (1 6'er & 1 7). I've got two electrics I'm selling and a few guitars in pieces that could perhaps make 3 fully functional guitars (though they would be Frankens all the way). I also have a lapsteel, but that's a whole other beast.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote