View Single Post
Unread 03-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #155
The Reverend
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephael View Post
Wanting to change out the HZs on my Schecter Damien 7 (basswood body) with some actives, thinking (at the moment) that a 81-7 in the bridge and for the neck I'm not certain, probably a 707 or 707X. Any thoughts?

Thing is I am wanting separate tone and volume for each pickup without having to ruin the finish and look by drilling more holes (plus extra routing). I figure I could use two duel concentric pots to achieve this but I'm not sure if it is possible and wouldn't know which pots I'd need/want. Any advice on this matter?
You'll have to drill out the holes already in place to fit the pots and their knobs in. I just recently made the switch from Hz's to 707's, and it was fairly easy while also being extremely annoying. I know nothing of concentric pots, but if they are what I think they are, you may have a problem in that the control cavity is barely enough to fit the EMG pickup buss, the battery, switch and pots. I think you may need to rout anyways...

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote