View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #14
Spaced Out Ace
0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Spaced Out Ace is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurosis View Post
2. Peavey Valve King Head

I have seen some demos and liked it. Was going for one of these, but a guy at the local shop told me they are pretty weak. I don't know if it's a hybrid or a full tube, but I know I have seen people rip the shit with them on stage. As a home-eventual gig piece of gear it seems to be a good option. I see you can get a very tight tone with active pickpups, so that is worth of consideration given my axe's specs. Apparently it is very boomy on the cleans though. I won't use it for that though...

4.Randall RH 150G3PLUS Head

A hybrid I was considering for the price, but an option that I have read here and in other forums is kind of a hit or miss affair. Some say they were lucky to get a good one and some say it was crap. I don't like the idea of it being a mixed amp. What part is the tube part, if the distortion on this one is not tube driven I don't want it I guess.

7.KRANK REVOLUTION JR PRO 50

IF it's really what it promises and it sounds like in the demos. THis thing can roar like a mother ....er. I haven't seen it boosted, but as a standalone it crunches with power. It' sa mean little one trick pony, but maybe what I am after. There is no place in Madrid to try it out so I would have to order it from Germany.
These are the three I'd spend my time with to see which was the one for me. You also seem a little more interested in these than the other ones.

Ltd H-500 and H-1001 -> MXR Wylde Phase -> MXR Black Label Chorus -> VHT Sig:X -> Randall Lynchbox 412

Time stood still the way it did before
It's like I'm sleepwalking
Turn into another hole I got
It's like I'm sleepwalking
Spaced Out Ace is offline   Reply With Quote