View Single Post
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
EtherealEntity
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
I highly recommend baritone. Like, really.
You can go to 27" or so and it will only feel like playing one fret lower. I really can't understand why anyone would complain about that.
I have a 25.5" 7 string. I used to tune to B standard. The 7 string packs that are sold have a very thin B string in matching with the rest of the pack. For example a 56 with a 10 set. It was necessary to use a 60 or so to feel consistant.
I then tuned to drop A, needing a 66 to feel good.
I now tune to drop G# with a 70.

It doesn't sound good because the strings are so thick, but for me learning to play technical stuff, feel is much more important than tone as I am not performing. Only for this reason is it acceptable, but I will never consider a non-baritone guitar again. Seen as you want to tune to G, that's even lower than me...I wouldn't dream of not using a 27". It really doesn't feel different. At all.
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote