View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
synrgy
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Truly, the vast majority of it made me sad, on a number of different levels.

1. The idea of a Disney icon (Donald) being a Glenn Beck supporter made me really sad. (I understand he was done with it by the end, but still.)

2. The idea that the animation was already in place to be edited, and really didn't need much editing to portray our current socio-economic climate, was depressing.

3. For every bit as 'farmed' as those Beck samples are, they were too easy to find and string together because he spews that kind of rhetoric so frequently. I was reading another article earlier today (washingtonpost.com) which stated

Quote:
In his first 18 months on Fox News, from early 2009 through the middle of this year, he and his guests invoked Hitler 147 times. Nazis, an additional 202 times. Fascism or fascists, 193 times. The Holocaust got 76 mentions, and Joseph Goebbels got 24.
I am just.. Tired, I guess. I'm tired of empty rhetoric, and I'm tired of so many people buying into it -- hook, line and sinker. The Donald Duck's of America, as it were, ought to skip the reactionary stage of this video's portrayal and get to the reality stage of the end, where he blows his radio up. How are we *not* over talking head culture yet? I'm just astonished by our gullibility, I guess.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote