View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #23
JD80
ss.org Regular

JD80 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splees View Post
Well the uberschall does have a line out, unless I'm mistaken. So you wouldn't have to worry about the line out of the dummy load too much. as long as the weber is accepting the load you can still record silently from the uber's line output and using an impulse on that.

the mass lite will be fine. although it would be nice to have the option for the tonestack later on.
The line out would just be from the preamp, right? So in order to get the tone of the preamp + poweramp, wouldn't I need to use a lineout from the attenuator?

I've been trying to a do a little basic research on impulses. Are impulses mainly used to model a cabinet + mic? I think I read somewhere that they're used to model the poweramp as well...I'm a little confused.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good solid set of impulses that would be suited for the kind of sound and setup I'm going for? Also, does it really make a difference which plugin I use to host them?

"Though I do not believe this is the right thing to do artistically, I do however believe that this is the right thing to do FI-NAN-CIAL-LY."

-Nathan Explosion
JD80 is offline   Reply With Quote