View Single Post
Unread 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #150
gunshow86de
I even lift.

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krullnar View Post
A typical right wing position- ideals before people.

By offering multi-lingual support for immigrants, we are helping them 'assimilate'. If they choose to not learn English, there are significant drawbacks, but that is their choice. The vast majority learn at least some English. Many that learn some English also continue to primarily use their native language. Now what is un-American about the freedom to speak/read/write the language of your heritage, in public or in private?

It's not a right wing position, it's a common sense position. You can't function in a society if you are unable to communicate with other people. If you don't want to assimilate into a society, then don't move there.

And for the record, I'm no where near right-wing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is offline   Reply With Quote