View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #417
tr0n
djent n00b

tr0n is just really nicetr0n is just really nice
I prefer this mix overall probably, yeah the snare is a tad loud, but I love the vocal harmonies and the general balance. All in all it don't matter, the song is awesome. I just think it's a shame that it's yet another warehouse video. Personally I think a music video should be entertaining in it's own right, or work as a presentation of the song. This does neither in my opinion. If you think of that well-known OK GO song where they do that routine with the treadmills, you'll watch for the video, not to listen to the song. With something like Meshuggah's Shed video, it's totally representative of the song. These warehouse vids are just a bit throwaway to me. I guess labels might take you more seriously for it though, must be good PR. I bet if you put word out that you wanted someone to make you a music video, an animation for instance, someone would probably do it, and for free. Say some university student for a project perhaps. I think the Chili Peppers' Californication was done that way.

All your djent are belong to me.
tr0n is offline   Reply With Quote