View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #18
-One-
Not So Kool-Aid

-One- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalia View Post
I'm pretty sure the european laws won't allow a dealer to deny all responsibility in shipping whatever he makes his customers sign. If a dealer is ok to ship, he's then responsible for the proper delivery of the goods.
I understand that it would be a pain with transatlantic shipping entirely, but people don't do as they wish relating to laws.
You are perfectly in right to ask for a refund/new item if it is delivered smashed, and if the seller refuses to comply, the fact that he's in the US wont protect him from a credit card charge back, up to the dealer to deal with the angry VISA guys afterwards. Since VISA cards insurances covert that kind of things in most contracts.
I don't believe VISA will cover uninsured transcontinental shipping, when the seller expressly states that he won't take international returns.

"I wonder if Kurt rolls his eyes everytime we come up with a new idea. 'Oh no. Not ss.org, again. NOW WHAT?'" - I_infect
"For all we know is some super bass wizard the likes of which hasn't been seen since Gandalf invented the bass." - heavy7-665
-One- is offline   Reply With Quote