View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
jymellis
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Is h=my hand screwed for life? (practice question)

ok, im 33. when i was 14 i fell off my skateboard and fractured my arm.no biggie. doctor wraps it in an ace bandage and a splint and tells me to stay off the skateboard and dont lift anything for 6 weeks. so what do i do as a 14 year old dumb ass kid? i go out the very next dayon my skateboard after removing the ace bandage and splint . what do i do not even 5 minutes later. yup, FALL. so i watch my arm that was fractured bend on impact as instincts take over and i try to catch myself with the fractured arm instead of landing on my face. well i couldnt tell my mom cuz she left work to take me to the e.r. the day before. fast forward about 20 years and i still have a bent arm.its not like retard bent but if i show you, you can tell. i do have pics but dont feel like posting. my problem is this. i quit playing guitar for about 13 years. now when i practice my sweep picking (used to be good at it, now im horrible) for about 15 minutes i loose control of my fingers.i can still chord decent but i cant control small things like a 5 string sweep. its like they dont want to move or go the wrong way. i dont remember this happening when i was a teen. of course i dont remember getting out of breathe, getting tired, or having a sore back wither. my question is how long can you sweep for at various speeds. i doo about 3-4 different scales while im practicing. and when you get tired do you just slow down? get sore? or do you loose finger control also? sorry for the long read but i feel some back ground info was needed.

just to save myself from the "pics or it didnt happen"

Last edited by jymellis; 03-04-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by: