View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
zimbloth
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Exclamation FS: G&L Custom Shop ASAT Deluxe #2 'Blackburst' Flame (Ebony FB, Sperzels, Binding)

This sleek Blackburst 'ASAT Deluxe' is the second of 10 Custom Shop USA G&L USA guitars that I ordered in early December. #1 is a Honeyburst Quilt that will was posted earlier today, with 4 more to come within the next week or two. More details on the other builds can be found below and on my website shortly.

A Little Background

For those who don't know, G&L guitars are built in Fullerton, CA and the "L" in G&L stands for Leo Fender, who founded the company after selling Fender. G&L guitars are beloved for having Fender Custom Shop quality but at a much more reasonable price and with considerably more custom options. I was always very impressed with their build quality and playability, but was always underwhelmed by the boring builds many dealers would spec out. After having their rep bring some samples over t my shop over the summer, I realized I needed to order some of these babies and do it my way. This guitar is the first of 10 guitars that will hopefully represent that.

Of course, The Axe Palace being a G&L dealer, I could custom order you a guitar to your specs as well, but for those looking for something outstanding at a reasonable price, these 10 customs should do the job. Regarding the others that have begun to trickle in: you will see some more like this one but with different configurations, some of the 'Invader' models which have a more metal vibe (super strat w/ OFRs, etc) , and a couple traditional Tele builds only beautiful and unique.

Now on to what people really care about...

Specifications

Model: ASAT Deluxe
Finish: Blackburst (looks much blacker and deeper in real life, fluorescent lighting very unflattering)
Body: Mahogany
Top: Flamed Maple
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Ebony
Inlays: None
Scale: 25.5
Fret Wire: Dunlop 6100
Neck Profile: Thin "C"
Neck Finish: Satin
Binding: Natural Binding (body)
Headstock: Matching Body
Nut: Bone
Tuners: Sperzel Locking
Pickups: Seymour Duncan JB/59
Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock (Hard Tail)
Control Layout : Volume, Tone, 3-way, coil split switch
Included Accessories: G&L Case, Warranty, Tools, Certificate, and FREE pro setup w/ choice of strings & tuning.

Pricing & Order Information

$1945.00.

I can accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal and Money Orders. Shipping within the US is free. Outside of the US, please email me for a shipping estimate. 48 hour approval period. Refund sans shipping/fees. Call 508.921.9973, email, or PM for more information or to order.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Mesa/Boogie, Rhodes Amplification, ESP, Jackson, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Framus, Diezel, Orange, Parker, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by: