Thread: PS3 Slim
View Single Post
Unread 08-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #19
DDDorian
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Backwards compatbility won't be coming back, Sony made a delibate business decision to get rid of it. Basically, people were buying a PS3 and using it primarily to buy old PS2 games and neglecting cross-platform PS3 games ("neglect" being relative to whatever benchmarks Sony set for themselves); low PS3 software sales mean less third-party exclusives and support in general. It's the same reason they're phasing out Linux support - people spend too much time dicking around on emulators and not enough time giving Sony their money It's a lose/lose for all involved and I can understand the problem but it wouldn't be an issue if the PS3 had more exclusive content. To be fair, all the PS3-exclusive shit I own is great fun - Valkyria Chronicles, the Yakuza games, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 - but there just isn't enough of it to justify the price difference over the X360, especially if you couldn't give a .... about blu-ray.

ss.org on Twitter
ss.org on Facebook

Yeah, a lot of people are bugging their babies these days... I guess babies can't be trusted.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote