View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
zimbloth
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Well you'd obviously use 9-42 for the top 6 strings since you've already confirmed you dig that. For the 7th, I'd recommend somehing in the 52-56 range.

Personally, I use a .052 for B tuning or occasionally .054 if it's a string with a smaller core. I find lighter strings have better tone and are more aggressive sounding. Definitely tighter and clearer. The heaviest I'd ever use would be a .060 (which is what I use when I tune down a step). As you increase string gauge, the tone becomes more mellow/round.

However, if you want to know what matches up tension wise to the 9's you already use, that would be a 56.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote