View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #25
EliNoPants
SS.org Regular

EliNoPants is a glorious beacon of lightEliNoPants is a glorious beacon of lightEliNoPants is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, i can't say that i've got a terribly deep knowledge of subgenres of hip hop, or underground artists, but i can say that i generally find anything the Outkast guys do to be pretty awesome, and that The Roots are easily in the top 5 live acts i've ever seen (the only ones i can say topped them for sure are Tool and Roger Waters), and that's without a light show or anything else of the sort, just the musicianship and energy and entertainment going on in their performance was amazing, they also played for like 3 hours, which puts EVERY rock/metal band i've ever seen to pathetic ....ing shame, granted they had like 9 guys up there and some of them rotated out at some points, but they also only charged like $25 a ticket for that 3 hour set...as opposed to any rock/metal band that would have sold an equal number of tickets, and would have charged $40 a ticket for only playing an 80 minute set, and sold shirts for $25 a pop

long story short, i have a huge amount of respect for The Roots and their music, and if anyone more thoroughly informed of hip hop wishes to point me at similar artists, that would be super
EliNoPants is offline   Reply With Quote