View Single Post
Unread 05-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #21
ShadyDavey
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfall View Post
Man thanks much for this post.All tree great players no doubt but I had my mind made up about Frank after a clinic I went to like umpteen years ago.He is a monster and I'll wager he's the only man on the planet that has Holdsworth getting out of bed every day wondering about his crown!And Frank has a headstock! lol
Heh, Allan is on a different sort of level to Frank in many people's opinions but I absolutely respect the heck out of both of them.

Anecdote time - when I was at GIT and taking lessons with Shawn Baxter (who was a fan of Frank at the time) he told us a couple of interesting little things about the Thunder from Down Under:

1) Before developiong sweep-picking Frank had a very good alt-picking technique. He got called out in class at GIT in the US after making some remarks to a student friend of his about how he felt it was limited at certain speeds, and how locked into a certain sound it was....so he was asked to show exactly when it started to fall over and proceeded to rip out Al Dimeola style licks just to prove a point o.0

2) He wasn't super-familiar with some of the tunes at the Chick Corea auditions, so simply sight-read the whole chart as he went to make sure he had it correct o.0 + 1

On a personal note, I met him at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge during intermission at a gig there and while the rest of the band trooped off to their dressing rooms, he stayed to chat to people - thoroughly lovely chap

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
ShadyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote