View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #20
Naren
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zultone
If I get thos ethickass strings... Could I tune down to E as well?
Then I'd have a 7 string bass with a bunch of room to go high as well?
My band doesn't have a bassist... James and I are both really open minded... And it'd be kinda cool/unique to do that.
You could, but I personally wouldn't recommend it. If it comes to that, you might as well just buy yourself a 6-string bass

I used to tune my 6-string to drop-B and drop-Bb and sometimes it would sound really muddy when unplugged, but I EQed the amp and distortion so that it sounded badass when played through the amp. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was something like: bass - 4, mids - 5, treble - 8. I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think that's what I had it at. The lowest I ever tuned the low B on my 7-string to was Ab. And that was too loose (at .56, I think).
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote